Most people love to eat, drink and socialize, so anything that can indulge the senses or make kitchen entertainment easier, is a good choice.
I’ve decided, as a renegade foodie myself, that this post about wedding favors for the kitchen should definitely happen right now! Why? Because in this point in time, people are realizing the value of good company and great food. Enjoy the collection!
Cooking + Serving
Your wedding guests do not have to be aspiring Michelin star chefs (or maybe some of them are…), but people need to eat. Giving them a wedding favor for the kitchen that will help them with cooking, or simply to entertain them while they’re making their dinner, is always a good idea.
Also, remember that there will be plenty of couples at your wedding, so you can always do gender specific wedding favors for the kitchen for each table if you like. If you want to give cute, personalized spatulas as wedding favors for her, opt for giving something more masculine to the men, like bottle openers for example.
1. You know how you constantly have to measure things, like your daily dose of collagen powder? Well, your wedding guests know that feeling as well...
2. ...or how you need to measure exactly the right amount of cocoa powder for your microwave mug cake, right? Your wedding guests have this challenge, too...
3. Make your guests' homes trendy and give them these sushi sets - who knows, they might invite you over after the wedding for an evening of sushi-making fun!
4. An engraved spatula for guests who love to cook is a really great wedding favor for the kitchen! Wrap it with ribbon and add a 'thank you' tag...
Barware + Bar Accessories
Barware and accessories are always great tools to have on hand when entertaining guests in your home. These types of wedding favors for the kitchen and bar can be specially handpicked and even personalized to give that extra touch. Anything from bottle openers to wine stoppers can be given as wedding favors, and there is a wide range to choose from. I especially love the unique ones, like an ampersand/word bottle opener, or a useful two-in-one type of item.
Organizing the Kitchen
You don’t have to necessarily give something for the specific purpose of organizing the kitchen, but think about how the wedding favor for the kitchen can be used after the wedding. For example, giving magnets, so that important memos can be pinned to the fridge, or, giving jars and containers filled with edible gifts, which can be used afterwards to store spices and pantry items.
12. With the rise of the Home Edit empire, and our current obsession with organizing our homes to look like a store, give your guests something to start their pantry collection with... Fill it up with edible goodies!
Setting the Table
Most of your wedding guests will set out a table when entertaining people in their home, so why not give them a suitable wedding favor to help decorate the table with? Cutesy items like matching salt and pepper shakers, or coasters that will complete the look. Think of practical items, and also consider things that can be personalized to make it extra special.
13. Recently, we've all become really aware of what we touch, especially in restaurants and eateries. Show you care by giving a more sanitary kind of wedding favor...
This might be on the more obscure side of wedding favor ideas, but guests will appreciate having something they can use wherever they feel the need to. This 3 piece stainless steel straw set comes with a cleaning brush and a case. Also, let’s save the planet, one metal straw at a time! Get it for $4 from Shein.
14. Your wedding favors are allowed to match your color scheme, and what better way to show this than these pretty metal chopsticks with colored handles?
16. Speaking of environmentally friendly, why not opt for a foldable cutlery set that fits most handbags, and work lunchboxes. These come in various colors, too, and is super useful!
17. Give pretty cutlery sets as wedding favors to your wedding guests, especially if there are mostly couples and families - make sure the venue provides another set that everyone can eat with at your wedding reception.
19. Compliment your wedding tables with these beautifully engraved coasters from PagrageShop on Etsy - any guest would love to have these as keepsake wedding favors!
Drinkware + Accessories
Drinkware and accessories are popular gifts for wedding favors for the kitchen, and can be used over and over again. The possibilities are endless as more beautiful ceramic and glass items are entering the market. I especially love personalized glassware, and have listed some of my favorites here. You can also give accessories, such as tea infusers, cup holders and coasters (see the previous section).
25. Keep that drink cold with these wedding cozies in gorgeous colors! Cozies are a good wedding favor for any kitchen and home bar, and is quite popular at weddings because you can order them in your wedding colors!
27. Yes, I know this one is on the pricier side, but I wanted to include it in this list for those fortunate brides with unlimited wedding budgets who can splurge on wedding favors, plus it is also as a great wedding party gift idea!
Beautifully embroidered or patterned linen (such as tablecloths, tea towels, napkins, etc.) make perfect wedding favors for the kitchen, because you can incorporate it into your wedding decor as well if you want to. If you have a specific style, such as floral elements at your wedding, then you can give floral napkins or tea towels as gifts. Don’t forget about the guys that will attend your wedding: think about things they can use at the BBQ or grill (see next section).
28. Linen placemats can easily be incorporated into your wedding theme and compliment your table decor - lay them flat underneath the plates, or roll them up and tie it with a piece of string with a thank you card.
29. These geometric linen placemats will also work as decor on your wedding tables, and you can also roll them up and add a nice little 'thank you' card.
Grilling + BBQ
I though I’d include this section here as well, because technically it will be part of the kitchen… because, you know… food. Wedding favors for the grill and BBQ will be quite popular with the men at the wedding, and kudos if you can give them something they can use every other weekend when having friends over for a game. These make great wedding favors for small weddings, where you can splurge a little more on items for your wedding guests or the bridal party.
30. This is more for the men, but a useful wedding favor for each man is a grilling mat - you can also roll it up and add a card, and if it fits your budget, add a bottle of BBQ-spice, too.
Edible wedding favors
When you don’t know which favors to give, the best wedding favors at a wedding are edible ones. Guests will always take these home, and if they don’t, someone else will. The options really are endless here, and you can personalize your packaging with stickers and ribbon of you want to. See the next section on packaging ideas for your wedding favors.
35. Everything is better with chocolate, including your wedding favors!
36. Something for the love bugs!
How cute are these love bug bags (with or without candy) from LilLoveBugsEvents on Etsy?! Fill them up with sour worms, gummy snakes or any edible bug sweets you can get your hands on, or select the “with candy” option when buying them so that the seller can fill them for you! Nifty! Starts from $12.00.
38. It's normal to get thirsty at a wedding, especially after a sunny ceremony, or after showing your moves on the dancefloor...
Packaging ideas for your wedding favors
Don’t forget about presentation! To present your pretty wedding favors for the kitchen, you can use anything from boxes to jars and cellophane packets to make it all come together. Try to find colors and themes that will match with your wedding style, and add a ribbon if you like. Personalized packaging will also make your wedding favors extra special, and will remind your guests about this day whenever they see that jar or tiny box. Don’t be afraid to get creative with this — and also keep your budget in mind.
39. It's a hamster ball! Just kidding... These clear round balls are great for wedding favors and will look pretty on your reception tables, too. Of course, you can also add cake to them if your want...
43. Why not go all glam and Instagram-worthy with pretty boxes with satin ribbon? I've found this box to be one of my favorites for any event, even the bridal shower!
44. "Rustic" is still around as a favorite wedding style for many brides, and you can easily compliment the look with craft paper and brown boxes, like this one...
45. Add a sticker in stead of a thank you tag to smaller wedding favors or packaging with flat edges.
46. It can be as simple as a watercolor 'thank you' sticker, for a more minimalist look.
7 Tips for choosing wedding favors for the kitchen
1. Choose something useful to give to wedding guests
Useful wedding favors will rarely get left behind. So make sure that you give your guests something that won’t end up on the mantelpiece, or worse, in the trash.
2. Stick to your budget
Your budget is the most important key to ensure that your wedding is successful, and that you don’t end up with a lot of debt afterwards. In fact, it’s so important that it is one of the first things I designed for brides to help them create their wedding budget from scratch. View the printable wedding budget planner and tracker for brides over here if you still need to set yours up.
3. When in doubt, go with something edible
If you are really clueless about what to give as wedding favors, the best option is to go with something they can eat (or drink). Anything from sweets to snacks, and hot chocolate mixes will fill your guests’ hearts with joy — and I can guarantee that no wedding favor will get left behind.
4. Personalized is always a good idea
It just makes the wedding favor extra special if you add a custom thank you note, or your names and the wedding date to the item. Also, to save some money, add each guests’ name to their wedding favor to double as their place cards for when they need to find their seat.
5. Check expiry dates
A side note on giving edible wedding favors: always check the expiry date! If your wedding is only a few months later, rather buy/make your edible favors closer to the big day to ensure a longer shelf life.
6. Package for perfection
It’s a great idea to choose wedding favor packaging that will go with your wedding look and style at the reception. If you use a specific color palette, why not buy ribbon in that color, or specific colored boxes. You can also add a glam factor to your tables with glitter or metallic pouches or boxes.
7. Be creative and unique
Your wedding guests will appreciate the wow factor you bring to your wedding reception if you deciding on giving something different than “the usual”. You can give unique gifts with creative packaging if you feel like it — it’s your wedding! If you want to write a special note for each guest and add it to their wedding favor, do it! If each favor’s packaging is a different color of your wedding palette, then make it so. You can do anything you like, as it really is the thought that counts.
People also ask these questions about wedding favors:
Founder of The Wedding Club
Tanya is a wedding industry pro and content creator. She is passionate about all things wedding, and aims to give useful and actionable info for brides, as well as wedding planners. When she’s not planning, researching and writing content, her teacher skills kick in and creating courses and eBooks is the next stop. She also loves drinking chai tea!